Christie Digital Systems is Hiring a CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGINEER in our Cinema division. This is a one year assignment, with the possibility of extension.
WHO WE ARE:
We’re a global visual, audio and collaboration solutions company offering full solutions for business, entertainment and industry. Globally, Christie employs over 1,500 people and has installed over 100,000 projector worldwide.
Christie is credited with introducing digital projection technologies that set the stage for the modern movie theatre. Its commitment to the film industry is seen through innovative projection and audio solutions including premium, 4K high-resolution projectors, immersive audio and the introduction of RGB laser projection.
With a track record of pushing technological boundaries by developing disruptive products and solutions, Christie continues to grow as an end-to-end digital display solution company – offering the hardware, software and professional services to inspire our customers.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Customer Service Engineer position will be responsible for installation, repair, maintenance and support of AV products and related equipment. Provide technical telephone and field support and process trouble call tickets. In addition, responsible for technical support of specialized internal applications, inventory management, software distribution / upgrade and supporting administrative tasks.
Major accountabilities include providing technical support to customers while remaining cost effective, continued familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures, and the ability to diagnose and repair AV systems and related equipment.
Job duties will include coordinating equipment repairs and maintenance accurately allowing sufficient time for transit and testing, providing timely and effective technical support to meet the customers’ expectations via telephone or in person and developing and maintaining good customer relationships.
In this role, you should also expect to provide evaluation services to engineering for software and hardware changes and the evaluation of new products and designs, troubleshoot and resolve Network issues i.e. connectivity, applications, Internet, Web, WAN, e-mail and infrastructure and repair, and update products and software plus much more!
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years industry experience, including an understanding of analog and digital circuits, experience with digital projection and audio systems.
Other desirable skills include:
1. Strong communication and negotiating skills in dealing with customers
2. Electronics and troubleshooting skills
3. Presentation/teaching skills
4. Customer Focused
5. Ability to provide on call support when necessary
6. Experience with multimedia equipment installation and service
7. Experienced with AV testing and calibration equipment
8. Strong communication and analytical skills
9. Experience with multimedia equipment installation and service
10. Excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, follow up skills
11. Ability to lift 50 lbs without assistance
12. Ability to safely climb ladders up to 15 feet
13. Ability to safely operate and navigate a motorized lift up to 35 feet
14. Excellent organization skills and a results oriented approach
15. Strong working knowledge of PC hardware, setup, and repair