Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:
1. Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
2. Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
3. Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration, and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
4. Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments, and applications software
5. May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
1. A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
2. A master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
3. Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
4. Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
5. Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
TO APPLY THE JOB CLICK HERE